Ingredients: 125g butter, ¾ cup caster sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1 egg, 2 bananas (ripe & mashed), 1 ½ cups self-raising flour, and a ¼ cup of milk.
That’s what you need to make a banana cake.
You’ve also got to follow the recipe. But without the ingredients, anything else is irrelevant: No matter what you do, it just won’t be a banana cake.
Similarly, you need the right ingredients to make a lead magnet tasty enough for your prospects to eat up and come back for more.
The Lowdown on the Lead Magnet
Before we go on, let’s spell out what a lead magnet is: A lead magnet is an offer, incentive, or product intended to give your visitor value in return for their personal information (usually an email address or phone number).
A lead magnet is your metaphorical apple pie on a metaphorical window sill, metaphorical scent wafting out into the world and inviting people to take a closer look.
And if that apple pie turns out to be a tasty treat, then…
- More and more of your “ideal customers” find you
- More of those prospects will sign up or start a relationship, meaning more leads, deeper engagement (and ultimately, more sales)
- Better brand awareness for your business as more people get to know you
- A bigger and better reputation in the industry
- The potential to “go viral,” with your lead magnet drawing a flood of leads